The topic of sustainability is also becoming increasingly important for creative products and materials. The Special Interest "Ethical Style by Creativeworld" at Creativeworld 2023 specifically focuses on sustainability-oriented exhibitors and their products and enables interested trade buyers to search for these suppliers in a more targeted way.
It was already clear at the last Creativeworld that the creative target group is moving more and more in harmony with nature. Numerous manufacturers have recognised this and are responding to this development with recyclable materials, biodegradable ingredients, reduced packaging, refillable cartridges and certified wood.
The Special Interest Ethical Style by Creativeworld identifies suppliers who achieve remarkable things in the field of sustainability. It offers visitors orientation through the separate identification of the selected exhibitors in the exhibitor and product search as well as at the trade fair stands from 4 to 7 February 2023. New at Creativeworld 2023 is the Ethical Style Spot – a special presentation in Hall 1.1 that will impressively show how exhibiting companies integrate the theme of sustainability into their product range. Within the framework of several theme islands, which are based on the Ethical Style categories, both exhibitors and visitors will receive valuable inspiration for the point of sale. At the same time, it is encouraged to create a knowledge transfer and open up new business contacts for visitors.
The application deadline for Ethical Style 2023 has ended.
‘Especially after the pandemic experience, the topic of sustainability is omnipresent. Customers attach greater importance to durable products and materials produced in an environmentally friendly way.’
Ethical Style categories
The jury of experts will examine the applicants and clearly structure the products in six sustainability categories. Each exhibitor can fulfil one or more of these requirements with their products and thus also fit into more than one of these categories. These include:
- Environmentally friendly materials: Products made from environmentally friendly materials such as renewable raw materials with low environmental impact throughout their life cycle or organically certified products.
- Resource-saving production: Efficient, resource-friendly production processes e.g. in the energy, water or waste sectors.
- Fair & social production: Products that are manufactured in social facilities and/or under socially responsible conditions and/or fair trade conditions and that promote social and/or cultural development in the producer countries.
- Re/Upcycling Design: Products whose raw materials are designed for recycling or that are processed into new products from used or no longer usable waste materials.
- Handicraft: Products that are handmade and that maintain and promote craft skills.
- Sustainable Innovation: Products that through their innovative nature (process, material, solution) help to conserve resources, e.g. quantity of raw materials, waste, energy and water.
Ethical Style jury
This jury is made up of:
- Christina Bocher, DEKRA Assurance Services GmbH
- Kees Bronk, CBI, Center for the Promotion of Imports from developing countries
- Lutz Dietzold, German Design Council
- Max Gilgenmann, expert in textile sustainability criteria
- Sabine Meyer, -side-by-side-, Caritas Wendelstein Werkstätten
- Mimi Sewalski, avocadostore.de
‘Each of our consumer goods fairs has its own focus on sustainability. Ethical Style helps to make these more visible. Where, if not at trade fairs, can so many companies present their sustainable products to an international audience at the same time?’
Ethical Style labelling
Special offers are easy to find on the exhibition grounds. The Special Interest "Ethical Style by Creativeworld" highlights suppliers who are doing remarkable things in the field of sustainability.
You will find products and exhibitors marked with the Special Interest logo:
Online Event "Sustainability meets Design“
You couldn't be there live on 31 August 2022? Here is the recording.
Three renowned experts spoke at the online event "Sustainability meets Design" about circular design, sustainable materials and how sustainability and design fit together.To the recording
Creativeworld in the context of the Sustainable Development Goals
Creativeworld is increasingly taking up the theme of sustainability with the special interest "Ethical Style by Creativeworld". In addition, it is aligning its activities with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations and gradually expanding its own initiatives in this area.
This might also interest you:
You can find further articles on the topic of sustainability on Conzoom Solutions, the platform for trade: